Re: OpenOffice Accessibility

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:18:58 -0700

Runns all your word files, free, mostly accessible apparently not the
spreadsheet though.  Cons, not as accessible as jaws.  No specialized jaws
scripts so it is relying on the features of the java accessibility tools.  It
has good context sensative help.  Another pro, if something doesn't work,
someone with enough nohow, such as someone on a mailing list, can fix it.  The
reason for that is because it's open source so you can actually see why
something is going wrong.  It's developer Sun, is fairly good about getting back
to you so don't ever get fooled into thinking paid software means better support
then free software.  There's often lots of people to complain to when things go
caput.