Re: Omnipage question

  • From: Glen Jan <glenjan42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:53:58 +1100

I have not had any issues downloading OmniPage from the nuance site.
Keep in mind Tom that if the document is not a genuine PDF file, than JAWS will not read it. Some people skip the OCR process and simply scan the document and save it as a PDF file, thereby creating nothing more than a picture with a PDF file extension instead of JPG or BPM or TIF.
HTH.
Glen

At 12:41 pm 17-12-2009, you wrote:
Hi, all.

A computer tech where I work informed me today that she tried to download
Omnipage 16, to see if it would help me read scanned PDF files, and she had
no luck in doing so.

I have been busy with grants and funding proposals, and have not been able
to try the program myself yet, but I am wondering if we are missing certain
steps to make the conversions happen.

She said also that she had tried to download a demo of Omnipage 17, thinking
that that might work better, but she couldn't find a link to the demo.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how we might proceed with Omnipage
and the PDF conversions for scanned image PDF files?

Thanks!

Tom Behler in Colorado