Re: Office 2007

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:13:32 -0800

Hi Nicki,

mind you , this is just my personal opinion based on what I have heard thru
various chat groups. Because of what I have heard, I am in no hurry to
upgrade to office 2007.

Unless you need to, or feel the urge to have the latest and greatest, do not
upgrade to office 2007. The accessibility issues have not all been worked
out. Plus the use of the ribbon is quite confusing for most.

Jaws 9 is specifically enhanced to perform well, but not quite perfect, with
office 2007. Therefore, if you are using any earlier version of jaws, you
will probably find it hard to use and navigate.

Again, this is just my opinion. If you have office 2000, 2002 (or known as
office XP), or 2003, you should be just ok with that.

Hopefully others on this list have upgraded and can tell you their
experiences with it.

Rich