Re: Office 03 to 07 or 10

  • From: "mike grove" <attackfisherman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:19:42 -0500

HI nick iwant to tell u something about office7. I got it about three years ago and loaded it without a problem. Then I tried to use it; boy did i get a surprize, I could not use it the way i was used to. I ended up removing it and going back to 3. Now then i Just finished training on access technology and found that office is completely accessible to a blind user. True there are people sighted and blind that dont like it. It is a matter of getting use to something a little different. First the shortcuts you used in 03 will work in 07. Now if yu don't remember all of them it is OK. The big difference is in the way it is laid out and labled. When you first open word for instence the tabs accrost the top start with home instead of file and so on. They are all layed out in what they call ribbons. The one at the top is your upper ribbon and the one under it is your lower ribon. You arrow accross the top ribbon until you get to the one you want. then u down arrow to the lower ribon. now u can arrow your way around, but u will get stuck if u do this. instead u need to tab your way accross the lower ribbom. When u find what u want u hit enter and open a new catagory that u can arrow in . This is the biggest difference in the two. Ribbons are here to stay so u might as well get used to them. You are using jaws so u should go to th e web site and download all the training matrials. u will find a book on officee 7. If u are going to purchase office u should get 10 it is the same as seven just newer. I hope this puts u at ease if u have any more problems i will answer them as i can. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nickus de Vos" <bigboy529@xxxxxxxxx>