Re: Odd Question about odd ods on this group?

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:20:11 -0800

Hi,
Here is my suggestions on this topic. I too was getting much spam and it has
now almost gone away. The 5th bank and others are just phishing emails and
you definately do not want to respond to them or any email. This only
confirms they have a valid account.

1. If you are using outlook or outlook express try using a message rule for
the spam. Creating a block senders list is futile. They change addresses all
the time as someone else pointed out.

2. If using an online email service use the "this is spam" option.

3. Notify your ISP about the amount of spam you are getting and see if they
can help withthe matter.

4. Never forget where the delete key is and use it much. Eventually it might
decline.

  Hope this helps.

  rich