RE: OE spell check and Jaws problem

  • From: "Alex Stone" <alex.stone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:18:40 -0000

Cher, I have recently rediscovered this keystroke, as I too was having
problems with the insert+c.
Cheers.
Alex
  From: Yardbird

  For only what seems like a few weeks, spell check while I'm composing
email in OE composing email seems to have suffered a bit of a breakdown. For
some typos and misspellings, it still lets me "see" the suspect word in
context when I press the Jaws/Insert key plus C. But a good deal of the
time, now, to my considerable distress, if I can't recall from the sound of
the mistake what I meant to say and choose well from the list of options for
replacement, and press Insert C, all I hear is "Word not found."

  This isn't much help, of course, so I give the command to Ignore the
mistake and go on. After closing the spell checker when it's done as well as
it was able under the circumstances, I close it and review the entire
message, seeking out the remaining mistakes manually and correcting them
myself. This isn't nearly as much fun as having a fully functional spell
checker working for me. to put it nicely.

  Any ideas? This is Jaws 7.0 and OE 6, and I haven't changed anything in
either of those two applications for ages. Maybe even forever.

  Thanks..

1:31 PM