Re: OE spell check and Jaws problem

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:05:42 -0500

Funny, the word in context has never worked for me in Outlook Express and
neither does the spell checker drop me at the offending word when I drop out of
the spell checker as it does in Word or MS-Outlook. This through all versions
of jaws from 2.2 through 7. I don't yet have version 8.

So, is there something I need to do to make this work like it does in Word and
Outlook?

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
DLeavens@xxxxxxx
Skype DaleLeavens

  From: Yardbird

  For only what seems like a few weeks, spell check while I'm composing email
in OE composing email seems to have suffered a bit of a breakdown. For some
typos and misspellings, it still lets me "see" the suspect word in context when
I press the Jaws/Insert key plus C. But a good deal of the time, now, to my
considerable distress, if I can't recall from the sound of the mistake what I
meant to say and choose well from the list of options for replacement, and
press Insert C, all I hear is "Word not found."

  This isn't much help, of course, so I give the command to Ignore the mistake
and go on. After closing the spell checker when it's done as well as it was
able under the circumstances, I close it and review the entire message, seeking
out the remaining mistakes manually and correcting them myself. This isn't
nearly as much fun as having a fully functional spell checker working for me.
to put it nicely.

  Any ideas? This is Jaws 7.0 and OE 6, and I haven't changed anything in
either of those two applications for ages. Maybe even forever.

  Thanks..