Re: OE spell check and Jaws problem

  • From: "rafrost" <robini71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:27:23 -0500

Hi,
I'm running jaws 8 and outlook express's most recent version under windows xp
home service pack II with all updates installed with an NVIDIA video card and
the insert f7 keystroke is still saying blank in reference to the misspelled
word inOE and FS told me that they couldn't replicate the problem when I
contacted them about it (frown).
Robin

    From: Yardbird

    For only what seems like a few weeks, spell check while I'm composing email
in OE composing email seems to have suffered a bit of a breakdown. For some
typos and misspellings, it still lets me "see" the suspect word in context when
I press the Jaws/Insert key plus C. But a good deal of the time, now, to my
considerable distress, if I can't recall from the sound of the mistake what I
meant to say and choose well from the list of options for replacement, and
press Insert C, all I hear is "Word not found."

    This isn't much help, of course, so I give the command to Ignore the
mistake and go on. After closing the spell checker when it's done as well as it
was able under the circumstances, I close it and review the entire message,
seeking out the remaining mistakes manually and correcting them myself. This
isn't nearly as much fun as having a fully functional spell checker working for
me. to put it nicely.

    Any ideas? This is Jaws 7.0 and OE 6, and I haven't changed anything in
either of those two applications for ages. Maybe even forever.

    Thanks..

1:31 PM

1:31 PM