Re: Norton software

  • From: "dennis" <dennisl1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 16:42:16 -0400

is this accessable with jaws ?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kenneth Chernack
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 4:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Norton software

  Hi. I have been a member of this discussion group for the past few months
silently reading and learning a lot. THANKS for the education!

  I am not a JAWS user today, but I will be using it in my future as my
deteriorates. I have been on vacation for the past week or so. I am catching up
with email. I noticed a few posts bashing Norton and their 2005 products.

  This is my first post to this list and I don't mean to ruffle any feathers
BUT I am a Norton fan. Norton 360 version 2.0 is a one-stop shopping product
that is easy to use, and I really do not believe it degrades the performance of
your system.

  You don't have to integrate Norton Anti-virus and/or Internet Security and/or
SystemWorks to get full security protection and other miscellaneous performance
tools since Norton 360 has it all and defaults to a schedule of updating your
system when your PC has been idle for some time.

  If the new version still doesn't integrate well with JAWS that is a serious
issue. If the new version is too expensive, yes that's another show stopper.

  But Symantec has made many improvements and enhancements to their products
and I would give it a second chance. The company is certainly on top of
security issues.

  Thanks for listening.
  KenC