Re: Noncritical objects (was AdAwareScriptsStillNotWorkingForMe)

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:04:21 -0500 (CDT)

I've tried this. You can mark the critical objects, then tam to the neglegible tab and mark those objects too, and so on, then hit control+n to remove the objects.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Yardbird wrote:

Dean,
Yesterday I used AdAware as your scripts permit me to do, and have one
question.

Upon completion of the scan, I pressed control N and was able to tab to the
scan summary tab, right arrow to critical objects, press control M for mark
all, and OK to finish.  But then I thought, well, what if I *wanted* to also
access the negligible objects and remove them, too?  It seemed I might have
to perform the scan all over again, then try right arrowing one more time to
see if it brought me to something about negligible objects, then press
control m to mark all, again.

am I misunderstanding?  Before your fix, when I was making do with just
getting to the list of all found objects and using the context menu to
select all and remove all, I suppose I was removing both critical and
negligible objects, and so far as I know,with no ill result to my computer.

Can you explain how to manage all this properly using the scripts?  is the
script intended to only give the user control over the critical objects
list, an that's all you feel is necessary?

Thanks for explaining.