Re: New computer & Jaws

  • From: "James at work" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:29:13 -0500 (EST)

It's not the machine that's the problem, it's what you do with it. I can
sit down at pretty much any machine running the latest version of JAWS and
do virtually anything with it that the system's owner has told me several
dozen times can't be done with it. Not to say there won't be problems with
the particular systems in question, but the odds of them being JFW
related, particularly nowadays, are highly unlikely. I would of course
welcome being proven wrong, however from my experience, that hasn't been
the case.

James,
List Admin
On Mon, March 3, 2008 11:29, Gary King wrote:
It's always good to find out which new computers work well with JAWS.
I've seen 3 answers to Nancy's question so far, and only one has included
a model number.  All computers of a particular brand don't work equally
well with JAWS.  So, if you are going to tell us that your new laptop or
desktop is JAWS friendly, please tell us the model number.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxx