RE: New FSCast Reveals Big News about JAWS 10

  • From: "Gene" <gwilson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:32:36 -0700

Jerry,

I couldn't agree more.  The tandem aspect of JAWS 10 will be of great
benefit to JAWS technicians as well as others who are capable of helping
many of us with JAWS related problems.

It is not just FS who has the bug problems.  In the few programming classes
I took many years ago, it was always emphasized to create software even a
"monkey could run" and to ensure that the software worked precisely as it
should before handing it in as a homework assignment.  I mistakenly thought
that this also applied to the "real world".  However, it seems that since
the introduction of the "point-and-click" method of using computers and its
worldwide acceptance, the emphasis has been on getting the software to the
public with no consideration for its reliability.  Since Windows 3.11, how
much bug fixing has had to be done after the introduction of each new
operating system by Microsoft?  Just a rhetorical question.  And, how many
bugs are supposed to be fixed as each new software package is sold to the
public?

I wish all software companies, FS notwithstanding, would take more pride in
producing applications that really work.