Re: Need help finding a file

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:29:35 -0500

Hi Chevelle,
Here is how I would get to the bottom of \dan and or \dan2:
First, I will go to my hard disk root using Windows + R keys at the same time
to open the Run Dialog. Type c:\ and hit Enter. Now, press d key until you get
to Documents and Settings. Hit Enter to open. Type d repeatedly to see how many
dans you've got. If you have no dan but there's just a dan2, it means that the
Search program doesn't display the full path for your file. Maybe the path
length stopped at dan... and the 2 digit was not displayed. In this case, Jaws
should say dan dot dot dot. While here in dan2, check for your downloaded file.
Anyway, displayed path during download or search are not always fully shown.
Please let me know if \dan2 is the only sub-folder in Documents and Settings.
Adam