Re: Need help.

  • From: "Chris Gilland" <clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:10:38 -0400

Well, for one, I don't think v7 is the latest. I think they're either up to v9, or v10. Go grab the latest version off

http://www.jfwlite.com

Then from there go to the link that says programs.

From there you should find the download page.

Yeah, I'm with Cristine on this.  I'm kind a confused as well.

O, and Cristine? by the way? Yes, as longas you have Acrobat installed, be it the freeware version or! the paid Pro version, you should be able to hit ctrl+O in Openbook, and go down to the .pdf file, and hit enter to open it. I don't think you can import the file into your library though as I think in V8 they took the library feature out, although I could be wrong. But, this list isn't for openbook, so I'll stay away from that topic, but in short, yes, you can! open pdf's in Openbook. You might have to run OCR recognition on 'em, but, ultimately point blank, the files themself! will open, that is, unless they're password protected, and even then! it might work, I've never ran into a situation where I've had to try.

Chris.
Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Menges" <c.menges@xxxxxxxxxxx>