Re: Navigator 80 repair

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:46:35 -0500

I used a Navigator 40 with Jaws for years until a little spring on one of the controls started going out on it. I found out about this Leo person and just to fix that little connection, it was like 300 bucks. I still have the thing but I don't use it anymore since my company bought me a focus 40. I would recommend trying to go on eBay to see if you can find a used braille display for about the price you'd pay for repairs of your Nav 80. It's bound to be newer than your Navigator. That thing's got to be about fifteen years old at least and, sooner or later, it won't have any applications that support it. I remember seeing a Nav 80 connected to a 286 pc using Dos 5.0 if that puts it into perspective. I've heard good things about Sync braille and I'm sure it works with Jaws well since it's USB compliant and it's supposed to be very affordable.

Alex

----- Original Message ----- From: <northstar1950@xxxxxxx>