Re: My JAWS 6.1 disaster!

  • From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:17 -0500

Chris,
Not the same problem, but when I installed Jaws 6.0, I ran the merge utility
because I didn't know the file path for installing scripts.

My Alva Braille display went haywire on me, and I couldn't figure out why.

When I got the file path, I completely uninstalled 6, reinstalled, and did
the scripts manually, no merge.

Everything behaved beautifully after that.

It's frustrating when you find it is only your system acting lunatic, so
hope you can get it straightened out.

Crystal