My Amazon.com tale of woe and how to contact Amazon

  • From: "Shari Weir" <shariweir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:54:48 -0600

Hi All, After learning from other listers about the new problems with
Amazon.com, I planned to wait a few days to see if things got resolved. Well,
in the meantime, I wanted to add a CD to my Amazon wish list because the title
is quite long, and I didn't want to forget it. (Oh sure, I could have stored
the title somewhere else, but I didn't.) So, the CD page came up fine. I
clicked -- or so I thought -- the add to wish list button. Instead, the click
translated into ordering the CD with 1 click settings. Since I didn't want to
order it right now, I just left Amazon without confirming the purchase. Today,
I got an email from Amazon confirming the purchase. Now, I'm not furious about
it. I do want the CD. I'm frustrated though because I can't figure out how to
contact Amazon to tell them of the problem. When I click the contact us link, I
get taken to the gift central page. I'm using Jaws 5.1, but from the sounds of
it, that doesn't matter all that much. Can anyone tell me how to reach Amazon
by phone?

Thanks,
Shari