Ms Word 2003 question

Hi, I have a question.

When I was working a very long time ago (grin) I used Wordperfect.  There
was a way to type two characters on top of each other.  I think it was
called "strikeover".  Does anyone know how to do this in MS Word?  I have
searched the help screens and find no answer.  I am of the opinion that the
help area in 2003 is worse instead of better than previous versions.  I need
to type an "n" with a tilda over it.  This trick can come in handy every
once in a while.  Thank you.  Linda

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:27 PM