From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: More on my jaws with alva display issues.

When I was making changes I changed the default braille file.  Also I
don't know if I already posted it, but removing the status cells using
alva's menu does not get rid of the problem more letters are of course
displayed.  However, it appears about 2 or 3 characters get cut off.
braille settings in the default file:
Under jaws->options->braille the initial menu
active display alva satelite series
default display alva satelite series
braille-load error not shown
braille translation table US437
 under braille->advanced  this opens up default.jcf
grade2 translation not checked
grade2 expand current word  is checked
attribute rotation 500 miliseconds
braille mode structured
panning mode best fit
fixed panning incrament 40
text alignment show complete word at curser
positioning mode minimally
braille follows active checked
tether braille to active not checked
enable autodetection checked
8 dot mode checked
braille sleep mode not checked

Under braille->advanced->advanced
placement of status cells left
readingline start position 5
reading line end position 43
dot firmness 50%
rapid reading not checked

On the alva you can pan from top to bottom or till the bottom of page in
MSWord also.  The only thing I've changed is the reading line start
position from 6 to 5.
Sean