Mirror Display Driver not compatible with VMware

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:05:58 +0000

Hello all,
I have e-mailed Freedom Scientific to suggest if they can make what is in the subject compatible with VMware. Here is the contents of the e-mail.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I'm a final year university student studying Computing. One of my computing hobbies is to set up virtual machines and test various operating systems and compatible applications. I use either VMware Player and VMware Workstation as the virtualization environment. The packages work really well with JAWS, however if I use JAWS in a Windows Vista or later 32 bit guest operating system, the system produces a blue screens and hangs while trying to restart. I have to power off and power back on the virtual machine to get up and running again. Through various tests I discovered the Freedom Scientific Mirror Display Driver is not compatible with VMware virtual machines. For my host I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and my JAWS is 11.0.756. My guest operating systems I just use JAWS in 40 minute mode. Anyway, I am writing to therefore suggest you make the driver compatible with VMware virtual machines running Vista or later guests. As my processor does not support 64 bit guests, I cannot do any testing on that.
Thank you very much for taking this into consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Yours Faithfully,
Christopher Hallsworth.

Hope you like this e-mail. I will keep you updated.
From Chris.
--

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx