Messages with irregular tables in Outlook 2007

  • From: "J Gurd" <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw World List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 05:53:34 +0100

I recently went from Outlook 2003 to 2007. Now I find that many messages I
get from companies such as Amazon and Tesco cannot be read by Jaws
(including the latest version) unless I turn off table recognition. The
messages all seem to be html with irregular tables. Even then I cannot
navigate successfully through the message so I can no longer pick out links
to special offers.

The quick navigation keys no longer work either and I get an error message
from JFW to this effect. This would seem to suggest that it is a known issue
to Freedom Scientific.

If I activate a link to display these messages in a browser then I can read
and navigate them fine in Internet Explorer 7.

It is very frustrating. Does anyone share this problem or know why this
should be?

John Gurd