RE: Media Center

  • From: "Lisle, Ted \(CHFS DMS\)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:23:42 -0500

Are you saying you actually got the thing to work?  Version 2005 looks
like nothing but a blank screen.  If Media Center (the app, not the
OS)is usable, I'd like to know more, and would be willing to pursue it
off list at tlisle@xxxxxxxxx  However, I'll bet there are one or two
others who are as nonplussed as I am.

I'd especially like to know how DVD friendly it is.  Now days we have
old TV shows and movies in standard (4-3) aspect ratio, whereas most
newer flicks will have a 16-9 alternative, something which neither Media
Player nor Real Player addresses adequately.  I've been giving serious
consideration to upgrading an OEM of WinDVD, but, if there's another
viable alternative, I'd like to explore it.

Ted