RE: McAfee Personal Firewall

  • From: "Michael McDermott" <mmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:44:11 -0400

Hi I am writing as I am looking for a fire wall program which could work
well with Jaws.  I have on my system the Norton internet security suite,
but my subscription is going to run out, and I don't like paying
Symantec on a yearly bases for antivirus etc.  If you could tell me how
well the macafee firewall works, and where I could get it along with
your scripts perhaps that might be a good one for me to use.
Also I downloaded and installed the avg virus program from the jfw lite,
and now my Microsoft outlook is having problems when I try to exit it.
I am presented with an error dialog, and when I attempt to investigate
it I am directed to a Microsoft anti crash sight which presents me with
options to upgrade my version.  I wonder if you might have any thoughts
on this and I am not sure if the problem is related to the install of
avg.