Re: Making JAWS less chatty in Windows Explorer

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 15:04:33 +0100

Hi all.
Sorry to come in late on this thread. I should have said that this trick works with Windows 7 only.
I'm sorry about that.
Take care.

From Chris H in Derbyshire

On 20/08/2010 11:50, Mike & Barbara Arcadia wrote:
Hi Chris;

Thank you very much for this great tip but, with what Operating System does
this tip refer to?  In XP Pro&  Home when you invoke the Windows key + E
keystroke, Jaws reads, "My Computer, Tree view, My Computer Open ", then
when you open the configuration manager jaws reads, " Internet Explorer .JCF
Jaws Configuration Manager. "  I tried opening Windows Explorer through
Start Menu / Programs / Accessories / Windows Explorer and received the same
results as using the Windows + E keystroke.  The question is, how does a
person get into the Windows Explorer .JCF using XP Home or Pro?  All help
will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.  Take care.
Mike