Re: MSConfig Cleanup

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 16:26:17 -0400

No.  MSConfig Cleanup (the program) will not clear all the items in your MS
Config file.  You don't ever want to clear all the items in your MSConfig
file.
MSConfig cleanup will only remove the items that you have disabled
(unchecked in MSConfig) but remain in the list in MSConfig.
Okay now I am going to confuse you even more, smile.
If you want to use something to enable and disable items in MSConfig, you
can use something like Starter, or Start Up Manager, both of which I have on
the programs page at JFWLite.  And there are helpful hints for them on the
helpful hints page.
These programs give you more information and more control over ALL the items
in the MSConfig utility.
Actually including the ability to delete items.
But, MSConfig Cleanup only shows disabled items in the MSConfig utility and
is a quick and easy way to remove those items.
Debbie