Re: MS word find and replace

Yardbird what I ment is as I tab through the dialogue edit boxes jaws says find and replace. It also says find and replace if I use the jaws read line command no matter what I type in the edit box. This problem started after I installed jaws 8 and the latest updates.

Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: MS word find and replace

Hi Jerry,

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by CPR, which I only know as a medical
acronym. Maybe that was a typo? But you're saying that when you call up the
Search and Replace dialogue, you aren't able to get into the edit fields
where, first, you type the word you wish to replace, and then to the edit
field where you type what you want to replace it with? after which you
should be able to tab through a couple of options that you can choose before
you get to the Find Now control? Did this ever work for you before, or has
it only just now seemed to begin malfunctioning? What lines are you talking
about that you say don't speak? I'm not clear whether you're asking the
right question, here. Again, did this ever work right for you, to start
with? And if so, was it okay with earlier Jaws versions but not now, with
Version 8? Or did it used to work okay with even jaws 8, but then started
malfunctioning?

I'm just not sure what you're describing. It may not be the right
terminology. For example, when you say it isn't reading "lines," do you mean that you've typed things into the edit boxes but Jaws just keeps announcing
that this is the Find and Replace dialogue, and won't speak what you have
just typed in the edit boxes? If so, those are edit boxes within the
dialogue window,, not lines. Or what?

Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Hathaway" <jerry.hathaway2@xxxxxxxxxxx>