Re: Linux

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 07:05:00 -0900

There is software available for linux that can run windows programs
(one such is 'wine', others may have come along as well).  I would
expect jfw to have problems due to the need for the video intercept
driver.  And even if it would run under one of these packages I would
expect that it would only be able to speak other windows programs, not
general *nix programs.  A quick google search seems to be telling me
that even those expectations are perhaps optimistic, but ymmv.

There are however native linux screen readers, in the X environment
'orca' is likely the most mature.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx