Legacy Support for Internet Explorer: what does it do?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:42:41 -0800

I understand from recent posts that a feature with this name must've been
introduced in Jaws 7.1 (it doesn't appear among the Configuration manager's
HTML/Misc. options on my Jaws 7) and has disappeared in Version 8.  What did
it do?  More aspecifically, what sort of problem did it solve?  Personally,
I don't have any Web navigation issues to complain of at the moment, so
maybe that's part of why I'm perplexed.  Can anyone explain what the story
is with this legacy support deal?

Thanks.