Re: Launch Jaws hotkey not working

Just delete the bad JAWS icon and create a new one. To do this, focus on JAWS on the All Programs submenu, press the Appications key to launch the Context menu, arrow down to the Send to submenu and select Desktop. A new icon will be created on your desktop called "Shortcut to JAWS (version number)". You can then rename this icon "JAWS (version number), and create a new hot key on its Properties dialog (Alt-Enter).

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cliff Self" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:34 PM
Subject: Launch Jaws hotkey not working

The control alt J combination stopped working on my XP SP3. I discovered the cause was that Windows prompted me to remove unused icons from the desktop, and I took it up on the offer. In my attempt to restore it, I managed to change the read only checkbox on the general page of the properties dialog box for the Jaws icon from a three state switch to a simple toggle. Everything else in this dialog box looks correct. Does anyone know how to restore that box to a three state switch? Or should I just delete that icon and create a
new one.

Cliff