Laptop with JAWS issues

  • From: "TerriLynne" <terri_lynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:44:50 -0700

Hi all,
We have a brand new HP Pavilion DV1000 laptom with a 1.6 gig processor. It is
running JFW 5.1 and Windows XP.
It has an interesting issue: while trying to use it to read anything, about 50%
of what is being read is read in a very strange voice, something like some
alien voice, grin. The voice drops to a much more base tone, speaks very
slowly, and may stutter over either words or letters. It is a bit amusing while
just playing around with it, but will be a royal pain if we can't get it to
work properly. We have talked of returning it to the store for another of the
same make, or for a different brand, but I fear that we may just run into the
same problem. Better, if possible, that we fix this one. Or, if we could figure
out what the problem is, then we would have better information about what we
would like to get instead.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

TerriLynne