  From: Chip Orange
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:43 AM
  Subject: RE: Kind of urgent Jaws 8.0 with win xp dell laptop.

  I had what I think is a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron laptop which
uses an NVidia graphics card.

  I went into msconfig, on the advice of another screen reader user, and
disable the running at startup of all the nvidia utilities (all the ones which
began with the letter "N"), and rebooted.  It seems to have solved the problem.

  I only did this yesterday, so haven't had time to do much testing, but it's
something to keep in mind anyway.

  hth,

  Chip

  Chip Orange