Re: KillJaws

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 05:50:04 -0700

Let me refresh your memory on this, meaning no offense by the expression.
First of all, the distinction I was referring to by mentioning XP Home was
what we found out only yesterday, which is that the executable file
recommended by someone as opposed to the kill jaws .bat file is an option
only with XP Pro. We found this out when I followed someone's directions and
went looking for that file under a designated Windows subfolder only to find
it missing on my XP Home computer. That was what I was referring to in that
regard.

Which takes that approach out of the mix, bringing at least me back to the
batch file that originally caught my notice. Which, if I recall, you're
supposed to put anywhere you like and then create an icon for it using the
Send command, and then create a hotkey for that icon that will run the file
when you need it.

Okay. So now we're back to talking about only the batch file, which I'm
guessing is all you're talking about in the first place when you say "kill
Jaws." Correct?

The other thing is that if Insert Windows key F4 doesn't avail for exiting
Jaws in one of these situations where Jaws has fallen silent and there's an
error message dialogue you must respond to and need Jaws to interact with,
so you have to exit Jaws in order to restart it, then what's the official
purpose of this enhanced version of the standard Insert F4 Jaws exit
command? What's that Windows key doing in there? When is a person supposed
to use that instead of just insert F4?

Thanks.