Re: Just joined, research it question

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:00:16 -0700

Adrian,

While I agree that FS needs to keep up with Yahoo, I'm concerned about just how
ResearchIt was designed to work.

If it was set up to "find" information on particular web sites using our input
phrases, then I think we're doomed to having a broken ResearchIt most of the
time, and FS is doomed to providing sub-micro updates just to keep up with the
changes in web sites out there. I hope I'm terribly wrong about this scenario,
but not being an expert in creating the ResearchIt scripts, I don't know how
"fragile" they actually are.

Dave