Jaws volume

  • From: BrufusC@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:09:06 EDT

Is there a way to change the volume of Jaws, without changing the volume of
the rest of the computer system? My daughter uses sticky keys, as well as Jaws
 7.1.

Sticky keys is a Microsoft accessibility feature, especially for people who
can only use one hand. Here's an example of how it works: Normally, to type  a
capital letter, you hold down the shift key while you hit the letter you want
 capitalized. If sticky keys is turned on, you can hit the shift key with one
 stroke, and then separately hit the key you want capitalized. The shift key
"sticks". It also beeps, so that you know you have hit a sticky key.

The problem we are having with my daughter's new laptop, is that when she
turns up the volume loud enough to hear Jaws, the beep from sticky keys is way
too loud. She can't even use the laptop with headphones because the beep
really  hurts the ears.

We can't seem to find a way to turn up Jaws, without turning up the beep of
sticky keys.

Any ideas? Am I correct that Jaws does not have its own volume  control?
Thanks,
Valerie Crockett