Re: Jaws update feature vs. downloading full update file from FS

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:36:45 -0700

Hi Nolan,

Wow, that sounds like a real drag. I'm glad you were able to push through
and successfully accomplish the update as you did. I'm an XP user, so I have
no way of knowing whether or not Vista is potentially problematic in this
way. But I hope you consider reporting the trouble you had to FS, if you
think it might not be unique to just your own system.

Speaking of installing from the full file, Allan certainly got me to
thinking about the practicality of having the full and updated executable
installation file available for running Repair with the same version, and
not from an earlier version. In fact, that sounds so sensible that I've
given up even considering using the updater. So a few times a year, someone
says on a mailing list that a jaws update has been released, and I go to the
FS site and just download it. That's not so burdensome, really.

Thanks for checking in, and I hope the combination of Vista and Jaws doesn't
give you too much more trouble in future.