RE: Jaws talking at random

  • From: "Thomas J. Hesley" <pulse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:15:13 -0500

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to configure JAWS to speak only during those
screen refreshes initiated by a keyboard action?  True.  This would present
problems for people monitoring real-time applications like performance
monitors, stock tickers, and the like, that write output to the screen
periodically without keyboard input.  But when only the desktop is
displayed, with no application in focus, and nothing on it has changed, a
configuration option to disable speaking during a refresh in this
circumstance would be useful.  Perhaps the option could be a checkbox called
"Refresh speak".  :-)

Well, I guess Carmen will just have to turn her speaker volume down when not
at her computer.

Tom Hesley