Re: Jaws; spybot

  • From: Sue B <sueb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:06:27 -0400

Hi,

I don't usually throw my two cents worth in on things like this, but curiosity got the better of me this time. I hadn't heard of Super Anti Spyware. I'm a big fan of Spybot, which I've taught many JAWS users to navigate. The website for Super Anti Spyware indicates that is both a free and a pro (paid for) version. I'm pasting the link to the page containing the comparison of what each does below:

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Spyware is such an annoyance that you don't want to simply select the easiest product to use, you want to use the one that will prevent such files from attaching themselves to your system and interfering with your ability to use it. I'm not claiming to be an expert here, but if a free version of the program only claims to check threats and clean them once they are there, but can't prevent their entry, it seems not to be as useful as other types of programs that do provide immunization from threats coming in for the same free price. I haven't used Ad Aware in a while, so I won't comment on its usefulness or the free vs. paid versions, but it is probably worth looking at as well. Sometimes I find that it is a matter of learning the keyboard shortcuts and the logic of a program that is the difference between saying it is not accessible with JAWS and saying it is.

Again, just my two cents worth on this in hopes that people will always question things and investigate for themselves before taking all advice at face value.

Sue B.

Christopher Hallsworth wrote:
Hi, I would go with Super Antispyware. It's more accessible than
Spybot, and is faster than Spybot too. Go to www.superantispyware.com
and download their free edition. Hope that helps.