Jaws saying "separator"

  • From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:53:40 -0400

Greetings.

A minor annoyance that I can't seem to find a solution for. I recently upgraded
to Jaws 11, and I find that now the programme will say "separator" when it
encounters a long line of dash characters. This often happens with message
boards in particular, as some may know. I've looked in various areas of the
configuration manager and haven't found a way to turn this off. Personally, I
would rather jaws simply not say a thing, as this is what occurred in all
previous versions I've used as for general reading I usually have most
punctuation announcements turned off.
So, where can I silence this pesky thing?
Thanks in advance.