Re: Jaws performance problems

  • From: Whitefang <whitefang@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:21:52 -0700

Hi List:

I find it very sad that so many people are having problems with JAWS. I
strongly feel that these problems have a lot to do with hardware
compatibility issues. Unfortunately, there are too many configuration
possibilities to probably narrow them down to a single component or a group
of components. Secondly, most of these problems aren't consistent enough to
trace down. Thirdly, FS is not willing to make any recommendations on what
hardware seems to work best with the least amount of problems with JAWS.
They are only willing to give you a list of hardware that (definitely don't
work) with JAWS and no more. When I built my computer and a friends, FS
wouldn't help me beyond what I already mentioned above. I'm, along with my
friend are among the few who are lucky to have minimal problems, if any.
What problems I have had was, for most part, traced to hardware. Don't get
me wrong, JAWS definitely has some bugs and problems working with software.
I wish these bugs would go away and allow me to run mor programs. This is
(just my opinion) and not necessarily proven outside  my own experience.

For a reference:
JAWS version 7.0
Windows XP Home edition with SP2
Dell Dimention XPS Gen. 3
3.6Ghz Pentium 4 processor
1Gb DDR2 SDRAM
ATI X800SE video card, (You must use the latest video driver to avoid
problems).
Sound Blaster Audigy2 sound card

Wayne