Re: Jaws not allowing selecting words or characters in word, wordpad or notepad.

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:37:16 -0500

Hi,
I  have not encountered that problem with JAWS  4.50  or 4.5119   or with
JAWS 5.0884 in Word and I edit a lot.
However in Word and I have reported this to F S,   there are specific points
on a given page in reading research documents that when  uparrowing, JAWS
will go silent  and sometimes unload totally.
I can    usually reproduce this on the same page but not every page of
similar  layout  or  style.
I  think JAWS 4.5119  is  extraordinary software and as some others have
said outshines JAWS  5.0 or 5.0884.
have a great day.