Jaws is reading subject line only in messages in outlook express.

Hi listers,
I am trying to learn my new computer. It is Windows XP pro. Yesterday I set
it up according to the JFWlite helpful hints page. This morning, in reading
my e-mail, jaws would only read subject lines in messages. I had to tab to
edit field and hit insert 2 on the num pad to make it work. How can I fix
this? I am running Jaws pro, 5.1.383. I am currently writing to you on my
old computer.
Jim