Re: Jaws guide for Windows Media Player 11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
But that's me, and I'm really not skilled with this
stuff. What about you?
How come you wouldn't just switch to WMP 11 in order
to learn  more skills
using this guide? Because you've heard it's awful, or
because you have some
kinds of settings that involved a lot of time and
labor to make, and they
won't transfer to the upgrade? Or..?

Good questions and I'm certainly very interested on
the topic.  I upgraded several months  previously and
found the new version scrambled  my Library and was
generally harder for me to use.  I didn't invest a lot
of time because the upgrade was actually an
inadvertent  upgrade which after a limitted amount of
exploration was one I rolled back.  There are several
things I'd like to add to my abilities with WMP 10 but
having not seen anything sufficiently enticing about
WMP 11 I stayed with the comfort and function I had
with WMP 10.

Now I've toured the guide in a very limitted fashion
and while I find it has promise I want to study it a
bit further before I decide whether or not I might
upgrade again.  Presently what I most want is enhanced
library manipulation skills for my reasonably large
collection of CDs now entirely stored on the computer.

Randy
& the Mighty Quinn of GEB and PBB fame