RE: Jaws freezing

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:54:20 -0400

Lori,

I am also using JAWS 11 with XP, and I've found that JAWS increasingly has
problems managing IE8. I don't know about you, but I'm often working with
several webpages at once. I've learned to close pages I'm not currently
using with control-F4, especially if the page is data-heavy. One objective
validation for this method is that I start noticing problems when my PC
starts making a lot of noise. Close down a few windows, and the noise
dissipates. When I'm not using IE, I close it down completely.

On my system, the two biggest sources of apparent memory leaks are JAWS and
Outlook 2003. I find that closing down these two applications periodically
also helps performance with IE.

If you have room for more RAM, you might consider adding it. I have 3GB on
mine.

  _____