Re: Jaws and windows xp multimedia 2005

  • From: "Norma A. Boge-Conyers" <naboge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:58:14 -0600

Hi Adrian, yes, I am aware of the separate number pads. I guess I figured it wouldn't hurt me to learn something new and this way I'll be prepared for the time when I have a laptop to work with. Thanks for the info, though. Norma

At 11:48 PM 12/27/2005, you wrote:

Norma,

I carry a separate number pad with my laptop so that I can keep using JAWS in desktop configuration. It connects via a USB cable. I don't know if you'd be interested or if it would work with a wireless keyboard, but I mention it just in case.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Norma A. Boge-Conyers" <naboge@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jeanette, The Media Center functions work with Jaws Pro. I am able to look through the program guide, record while watching, record up to 14 days in the future, etc. We do not have the desktop MC, so my biggest hurdle has been getting used to using Jaws with the laptop keyboard layout. If one buys the MC which fits into a rack stereo, the wireless keyboard is like that of a laptop, meaning there is no seperate number pad. But, aside from this learning curve, so far I'm enjoying the Media Center. See ya, Norma