Re: Jaws and laptops

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:14:45 -0400

Well, what features do you want? Why is it you want a notebook?

If portability is your main concern that will determine some aspects, you can buy larger ones with full keyboards but they get pretty heavy to lug about. I have a ThinkPad T series. It is said to weigh 10 pounds and I carry it to and from work most days, about a fifteen minute walk. It is beginning to get heavy. They come as little as five or six pounds and probably that is what I should have done. On the other hand, the larger ones run about fifteen pounds but with a complete number pad and some other features may be very satisfactory as a desktop replacement.

I know that I took some time to finally decide to just bite the bullet and get used to the notebook Jaws layout. I am now thinking I should have really loaded up one of the smaller models.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada DLeavens@xxxxxxx Skype DaleLeavens Come and meet Aurora, Nakita and Nanook at our polar bear habitat.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>