Re: Jaws and audible.com

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 14:43:43 -0700

Hi Rose,

To me at least, that's another issue. From what the person said, I didn't
assume that she didn't know you could (as most customers do, I'd say)
transfer Audible programs to a portable device like an .mp3 player if you
chose a player that was Audible-compatible and activated it correctly. I
just thought she specifically wanted to burn some of the material onto CDs,
maybe to play in a car or something like that, and just happened to have
missed the instructions somehow. I used to subscribe to the blind Audible
list, and that's almost always what it meant when someone asked this. That
they knew how to put the stuff onto a little digital player, but they were
having trouble burning the files onto CDs, for other purposes.

If I'm wrong, then the person should start all over and read the
instructions at the audible site about how to use all the Audible features.
The online pages of instruction will probably explain all those things, from
how to use Audible with an .mp3 player (or your favorite blind digital
player, of course) and also how to put things onto a CD if that's what you'd
prefer to do.