Jaws and a new laptop

  • From: "Renette Bloem" <renette@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:05:49 +0200

Hi All

I need to buy a new laptop.

I am using the latest version of Jaws on a 8/10 year old Dell laptop
computer.  I am running into all sorts of problems.  It is time to move on
to a new laptop.

I shall upgrade to MS Outlook, word and excel 2007.

Could somebody please give me some specs to look at  when choosing a laptop?

I know some of the things one must look at, but not nearly enough to just
take a decision without some help from blind people too.

I know the processor, memory; size of hard disc are some of the things, but
for example do not really know the importance of the processor.

I am also aware that Jaws use a lot of memory.

For me the laptop keyboard is also important (even though I quite often use
an external keyboard).

The keys on my old laptop vary in size and the arrow keys are for example
very easy to find - much better than a Acer I looked at today.  I like my
old Dell a lot.

Please, help is needed and will be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Renette