RE: Jaws and Reading Text, finding first words in line and sentence

  • From: "Dean Martineau" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:08:17 -0700

There are several ways to reach the beginning of a line or sentence.  The
home key takes you to the beginning of the line.  As for sentences, there
are both JAWS and Word approaches.  With JAWS, alt+down arrow moves to the
next sentence, alt+up arrow to the previous one.  In laptop layout,
jawskey+y, h and n navigate and read the previous, current and next
sentence.  With Word controlling, in 2007 and I suspect in earlier versions,
ctrl+shift+page down moves to the next sentence, and the page up equivalent
goes to the previous one.  Word also includes keystrokes, unassigned by
default, to let you select to the start of the next sentence.

Dean