Re: Jaws and OCR software

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:58:09 -0700

If you just want to scan the occasional page, cheap software will do the trick.
Abby Fine Engine Scanning software even came on my machine.
However, for a blind or visually-impaired individual, speech-friendly OCR
software such as Kurzweil or Openbook can't be beat. Without such programs
there is virtually no accessibility. If you have enough vision to read your
screen though, you can likely get by with the scanning software that may have
come with your machine.