Re: Jaws and Alva braille terminal.

  • From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:46:30 -0600

Hi Carlos,
I also have an Alva 3 model, and was also told it was an old model.

My problem, since installing Jaws 6 has been a time lag issue with the
display showing the text.

I was told by FS tech support that new drivers from Alva were used in this
latest version.

Are you trying to use other drivers than the ones that came with Jaws 6?

I sent an email to Alva Braille about this, but don't know if I will get any
kind of an answer or not.

I don't know the answer to your question about where to put the drivers.
Or, about an Alva list.

<sigh>  I don't seem to have answers to anything.  If, you find anything
useful, I would appreciate hearing about it.

This is the first time I have experienced any trouble with this Brialle
display and Jaws.

Crystal
raincrow@xxxxxxx